Insurance for the self employed

Posted on May 29, 2015 at 7:41 pm

If you are thinking about going self employed then you need to consider what insurance you will require to cover you. Depending what type of work you will be doing, you may need public liability insurance and / or indemnity insurance. For example if you are a self employed electrician you will need public liability insurance to cover you against injury caused by your business or damage caused to third party property. Even if you work from home you may still need public liability insurance if you use your home as a meeting place.

Indemnity insurance covers you for things like client’s loss of profits or custom caused by something that your business has done.

There are many companies out there can can advise you of what type of insurance you need and although it is not always compulsory, it can be extremely costly if a case is raised against you and you haven’t got the correct level of insurance to cover you.

Posted in Jobs